Join our team
A unique opportunity exists for the right candidate to join us.
Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for gaining new business within the markets identified through current and new clients. You will play an active part in contributing to our growth. You will grow sales through our current contacts or leads from your existing contacts and participate in our various marketing initiatives.
The role is directly responsible to and has an immediate line of responsibility to the Sales and Marketing Manager and to the Managing Director.
Assist with the management and development of a portfolio of accounts in conjunction with but not limited to:
- Sales calls in market to both leisure, corporate and PCO clients
- Organise / host and escort familiarizations to international and domestic products in the portfolio
- Follow up traces for domestic and international portfolio
- Ensure Administrative duties are carried out in order of urgency and enquiries are answered in a timely manner.
- Ensure the database CRM is updated and managed effectively with tight controls on each profile and attention to detail for all entries.
- Focus on creating opportunities for all clients in the portfolio and external suppliers
- Foster strong relations gathering information to generate incremental business.
- Foster strong relationships with internal offices in the TP portfolio.
- Maintain a professional rapport with new and existing clients in all markets identified
- Organize sales calls for visiting operators and accompany where appropriate.
- Monitor and report on competitors activities
- Provide a quarterly report including activities, market intelligence including trends in the industry.
- Plan sales famils with clients where appropriate
- Utilize and build upon Tourism Portfolio's existing client database.
- Research, analyze and summarize market intelligence on all TP market sectors.
- Support other members of the team as necessary.
- Maintain supply of collateral ensuring ongoing availability of sales kits for mail outs and general distribution.
- Telemarketing and cold calling existing and prospective customers to identify potential business opportunities.
- Maintain social media, website promotions and client updates.
- Have strong existing relationships within the travel industry
- Have a minimum of 2 years industry experience
- Have an energetic, positive, and engaging demeanour
- Are a good relationship builder and solutions focused
- Can construct a strong pipeline
- Deliver exceptional and timely service
- Must be prepared to travel domestically and internationally.
- Have proven sales / KPI target wins
- Possess outstanding written and communication skills
- Have an intimate knowledge of the travel industry
- Have a history of strong negotiation and closing skills
- Well-spoken and confident
- Possess a solid level of interpersonal and organizational skills
- Have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain a general work pattern to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Maintain a high standard of personal and professional presentation at all times in line with TP company DNA.
- Establishes and maintain open communication and effective working relationships with other staff.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- A sound knowledge of operating Social Media related platforms.
- Ability to work autonomously and remain self-motivated.
- Have a sales-focused approach and desire to achieving sales targets and KPI’s
- Hold a Travel/Hospitality or Events qualification beneficial but not mandatory
1 – 3 months
- Account plans for existing clients
- Rapport built with stakeholders
- Product suite understood
3 – 6 months
- Gaining new work from existing clients
- Building pipeline. Sales cycle 6 – 12 months
- Growing market credibility
6 months +
- Identifying potential new clients
Quarterly reports on individual client plans / actions
Fri, Jan 31st, 2020
For more info:
For more information about the role please contact Donna Kessler on 02 9922 5520 or email email@example.com